Here is just a small sampling of the many ailments that we commonly see in our practice that benefit from treatment with acupuncture and Chinese herbs.
- Pain Disorders: Headaches, Migraines, TMJ, Neck and Shoulder Tightness, Back Pain, Knee Pain, Sciatica, Musculoskeletal Problems, Fibromyalgia, Post-Operative Recovery.
- Sleep Disorders: Insomnia, Dizziness, Chronic Fatigue.
- Immune Disorders: Autoimmune Disorders, Lyme Disease, HIV Health Maintenance.
- Cardiovascular Disorders: High Blood Pressure, High Cholesterol, Type 2 Diabetes.
- Respiratory Disorders: Allergies, Asthma, Sinusitis.
- Digestive Disorders: Crohn's Disease, Colitis, Celiac Disease, Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), Acid Reflux, Heartburn, Indigestion, Bloating, Nausea, Diarrhea, Constipation.
- Psycho-Emotional Disorders: Anxiety, Depression, Obsessive Thinking, Grief, Heartbreak, Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), Addiction.
- Palliative Care: Pain Management, Psycho-Spiritual Transcendence, Mitigation of Side Effects of Medications, Chemotherapy, and Radiation.
- Cold and Flu Prevention, Stress Management, Hormonal Balance, Cardiovascular Health, Wellness, Seasonal Attunement.
- Menstrual Irregularities, PMS, Menopause, Conception Difficulties, Fertility, Pregnancy, Morning Sickness, Childbirth, Lactation Difficulties, Postpartum, Fibroids, Ovarian Cysts, Uterine Problems, Sexual Dysfunction.
- Prostate, Infertility, Impotence, Sexual Dysfunction.
- All of the Above.
- Hormonal Fluctuations, Hot Flashes, Low Libido, Post-Surgical Recovery, Scarring.
Below is a list of disorders for which acupuncture has been proven effective by successful clinical trials, published by the World Health Organization (WHO) in "Acupuncture: Review and Analysis of Reports on Controlled Clinical Trials."
- low back pain
- neck pain
- tennis elbow
- knee pain
- periarthritis of the shoulder
- facial pain (including craniomandibular disorders)
- dental pain
- tempromandibular (TMJ) dysfunction
- rheumatoid arthritis
- induction of labor
- correction of malposition of fetus (breech presentation)
- morning sickness
- nausea and vomiting
- postoperative pain
- essential hypertension
- primary hypotension
- renal colic
- adverse reactions to radiation or chemotherapy
- allergic rhinitis, including hay fever
- biliary colic
- depression (including depressive neurosis and depression following stroke)
- acute bacillary dysentery
- primary dysmenorrhea
- acute epigastralgia
- peptic ulcer
- acute and chronic gastritis